Au1000 AC97 ALSA Driver

Subject: Au1000 AC97 ALSA Driver
From: Charles Eidsness <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:30:39 -0400
I've been working on an ALSA driver for the Au1000 processor AC'97 port. Specifically for the DBAu1000 Merlot eval card. It seems to be working in OSS emulation mode, I'm having a few problems setting up my system to work in ALSA native mode, and it contains only a minimum of features. i.e. it's still a work in progress, but I thought there may be someone else out there interested in it.

I've posted a patch that should add a mips sub-directory in the sound directory of the 2.6.6 kernel and add an au1000 sound option to the kernel configuration menu here:

Alternately you can find just the source code here: