To: Linux MIPS <>
Subject: Re: VINO
From: Jorik Jonker <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:20:46 +0200
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:06:04AM +0200, Ladislav Michl wrote:
> If you're seriously considering to help with VINO development this link:
> looks like a good starting point. It's easy, just write driver which
> allows you to read VINO registers while capture in progress :)

Well, it seems not that easy for me. As I told, it's very opaque matter to
me; ie I already figured out that a kernel driver must be built but I really
have no clue on how to do this. For instance, I don't know what call (if
there exists any) should access that memory.
My plan was on writing a driver which allows me (through an ioctl to a special
device) to read/write to the VINO registers. I think I saw a driver example
in the DevDriver_PG which shows how to communicate through ioctl with
userspace (or kernelspace, depends on how you look at it), but the part where
I do the actual 'talking' to the VINO is matter I don't have any clue on how
to do that.

Jorik Jonker