Re: bootloader

To: Dmitriy Tochansky <toch@dfpost.ru>
Subject: Re: bootloader
From: "Tiemo Krueger - mycable.de" <tk@mycable.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:17:44 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Yes, it can!
There are two options, use a kernel simply compiled for ram,
load it via tftp, cp it to an erased flashed area.
then you can start it by copying it to ram and jump to the start address inside the kernel.
the second more simple solution is to build a compressed kernel,
flash it e.g. to 0xbfd00000 and then simply go there for start.

Pls refer the Yamon help for any details, you can add a start variable to the Yamon config which is executed after two seconds if you don't stop this with Ctrl-c via serial.

(set start 'go 0xbfd00000 root=/dev/mtdblock1' or whatever...)

Tiemo

Dmitriy Tochansky wrote:

Tiemo Krueger - mycable.de wrote:

Yamon should be in Flash of that board and start automatically...
If it doesn't start check the DIP Switches on the board for correct settings.
(little/big endian, and I think you can switch between the flashes)

Tiemo

Dmitriy Tochansky wrote:
Does anybody can advice me some bootloader for my Zinfandel(Db1500) board?

Oops! Sorry. :) I mean another bootloader insted YAMON. I need to load kernel from flash but not from LAN(tftp and etc). Can YAMON to do that?

CU