shared mem problem

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: shared mem problem
From: Sujith Nayak <nayak_27@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:31:53 +0100 (BST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,
I am currently working on a board powered by a MIPS
processor, using Linux kernel 2.4.2. The problem that
I am facing is, whenever I create a shared memory
using shmget(), shmat(), etc. APIs, I always see that
the shared mem is created with 0 bytes. As a result
any access to it bombs the process.

Anyone has any idea, I will be grateful for your
response. I had a look at the patch-2.4.2-ac23, which
talks about the some shared mem lock up problem. But I
cannot apply the patch as it is because my customer
has pruned the kernel so much that the patch does not
apply right away.

Pl. help (by CCing your response to my mail id also).

Regards,

Sujeet