Re: gp_disp

To: "Nilanjan Roychowdhury" <nilanjan@genesis-microchip.com>, "linux-mips@linux-mips.org" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: gp_disp
From: "Guangxing Zhang" <guangxing@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:58:17 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
_gp_disp is a magic symbol references to which are only generated by the
assembler when generating PIC code, so you simply compiled using the
wrong options. Add ``-fno-pic -mno-abicalls'' to the options and this
problem will go away.
BTW,I find this in google, may it will be help to you   !

======= nilanjan@genesis-microchip.com 2004-05-27 17:26:54 WROTE:=======

>Hi,
>I have a kernel module which works fine with linux X86 combo.
>But when I try to compile it with mips cross toll chain it compiles well but
>insmod gives me error on "_gp_disp" unknown symbol.
>
>How do I get rid of that ??? Do I need to do anything special with my compiler
>flags.

        Guangxing Zhang
        guangxing@ict.ac.cn
        2004-05-27 16:57:24
Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work
worth doing.