linux-vserver syscall ...

To: ralf@gnu.org
Subject: linux-vserver syscall ...
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:29:15 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Ralf!

obviously I forgot to ask you to reserve a
syscall for linux-vserver, and I just discovered
this as the currently used number (273) was used
up by some other syscall (in 2.6.7-rc1) ...

so I'm asking you now, could you please reserve
a syscall for this project, so that we do not
need to change it on every new kernel release?

here is a list of currently reserved syscalls
(for other archs) and some links to the project
(in case you care)

   arch     number maintainer
   x86_64   236    [Andi Kleen]
   s390     263    [Martin Schwidefsky]
   sparc/64 267    [David S.Miller]
   i386     273    [Rik/Linus/Andrew]
   sh3/sh4  273    [Kazumoto Kojima]
   ppc/64   257    [Benjamin Herrenschmidt]

thanks in advance,
Herbert