RE: problems on D-cache alias in 2.4.22

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: problems on D-cache alias in 2.4.22
From: "Bob Breuer" <bbreuer@righthandtech.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:17:38 -0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Changing that same place also fixes my problem.  However, I came across
the mips cobalt patches and after applying a variation of the IDE cache
fix from there, that also fixes the problem.  So it would seem that this
is the same problem as already fixed in the cobalt patch, but showing up
on non-cobalt hardware.

flush_page_to_ram() was made useless around the release of 2.4.21.  I
suspect that this was broken at that time, seeing how it is broken in
2.4.22 and 2.4.26.  From browsing the debian-mips mailing list archives,
it appears that they have not had a stable mips kernel since 2.4.19,
could this bug be the cause?  Are the recent Debian mips kernels still
unstable?

Would anyone with an unstable 2.4.2x kernel be willing to try one of the
attached patches to see if the situation improves?

Bob