Re: running 2.6 on swarm pass1

To: Ken Giusti <manwithastinkydog@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: running 2.6 on swarm pass1
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 02:16:38 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:06:31AM -0700, Ken Giusti wrote:

> 2.6.6 from kernel.org doesn't appear to run at all.
> Once I load the image via CFE and type "go" I get
> absolutely no console output - the system just hangs.

There is still plenty of code that needs to be merged into the kernel.org
tree before this will have a chance of working.  For any MIPS system.

> 2.6.5 from linux-mips is a bit better - I get bootup
> console output, then an immediate crash (included
> below).
>
> Has anyone had any luck getting 2.6 running on swarm
> with pass1?

I still do have a pass1 board he so I'll eventually look at it.  However
this doesn't look like the fingerprint of the usual pass1 crashes so it's
probably simply a genuine kernel bug.