Re: IRQ problem on cobalt / 2.6.6

To: Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de>, Kieran Fulke <kieran@pawsoff.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: IRQ problem on cobalt / 2.6.6
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:04:45 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 05:21:13PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> In essence, I believe something other than the saa7146 must be asserting
> irq 23.  Or is it possible that a bug in the PCI init stuff in
> saa7146_core.c can
> cause this? Any hints how we could debug this would be welcome.

arch/mips/cobalt/irq.c:cobalt_irq() looks pretty suspect.  It connects
CAUSEF_IP7 and interrupt 23 - but the CPU's builtin count / compare
interrupt already uses this bit.

Sharing the timer interrupt with something else isn't impossible but seems
a less than bright thing to do.  Somebody with production hw to test
should compare this interrupt dispatch function with old working code
from 2.2 or 2.4 ...