EJTAG and RTL8181

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: EJTAG and RTL8181
From: Jason Hecker <jhecker@wireless.org.au>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:36:16 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I am trying to get JTAG working with Realtek's RTL8181 part.  It uses a Lexra
LX5280 core which is mostly MIPS R3000 compatible (bar the unaligned load and
save instructions).

A chronicle of my efforts can be seen here:
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/rtljtag

Realtek can't offer me a BSDL file as they claim they use some 3rd party tool
to talk to it with JTAG.  My lack of luck with Macraigor's Wiggler and a demo
of their OCD debugger (in Windows) in EJTAG mode just yielded a screenful of
errors.

Has anyone had much experience with Wigglers and MIPS based parts that don't
support EJTAG?  Any ideas on trying to reverse engineer the boundary scan
chain?