XKPHYS_KERNEL patch - kernel in 64-bit space

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: XKPHYS_KERNEL patch - kernel in 64-bit space
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:29:16 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
This patch allows the kernel to run from any place in the whole physical
address space, not only the lowest 512 MB. It is REQUIRED for operation on
IP30 (Octane) and for R8000 support.

R8000 support would require changing the remaining compatibility segment
accesses, which - from what I know - are limited to loading exception
handlers. As I don't have an R8000 machine, I didn't introduce this here.

Stanislaw Skowronek

--<=>--
  "You're not as old as the trees, not as young as the leaves.
   Not as free as the breeze, not as open as the seas."