Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board -problems :(

Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board -problems :(
From: "Michael Anburaj" <>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:24:30 -0700

I have requirement in my project where I have to specify an object file contained in a library file in my linker script.

Something like this:

MySection 0x1000 :
     myobj.o of mylib.a (.bss, COMMON)

In ADS scatter map its enough to specify just the object files name. And the linker would pull it from the linked-in libraries. I tried the same with GCC (with it,s linker script), something like this,

ZeroISection 0x1000 :
     myobj.o (.bss, COMMON)

Does not work. Even thought the linker was supplied with mylib.a, which contains myobj.o; it still gives errors ?myobj.o not found?.

Please help me with this.

Thanks a lot,