I am new to linux. I am in need of porting linux to a MIPS16 based
processor. I need some information regarding the porting. It will be a
great help if somebody could answer me.
1) Is there any port available already for this? If available how do i get
it along with the development environment.
2) If the port is not available then how much complex (How much effort ?)
is it to port it to MIPS 16.
3) Where can I get the tool chain on windows and linux kernel source code
which can be used .
4)curently the board uses EJTAG for download and execute. We have a
uart(serial port) on the board which we use as console connected to the
hyperterminal on a windows pc.. There is no shell supported. We can compile
and run applications on the target.
5) We have the existing BSP and custom drivers ported over a OS
abstraction layer. Once the kernel is ported we have to get the custom
6) I would like to know how much would be the code size for the kernel
alone with out any shell and with the console driver. (Source code and
Thanks in advance.