Octane - first light!

Subject: Octane - first light!
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:54:03 +0200 (MET DST)
Well, we've got usermode now. There is no keyboard driver so I can't
comment on interactive work (and I am too lazy to set up a complete telnet
server :), but all interesting scripts I gave it worked. Network is OK,
the QLogic SCSI driver does not work for some reason or another (it can't
communicate with hardware - why?), the console driver is nice and seems to
work rock-solid, high IRQ load (ping -f) does not break anything.

I found another 32-bit infelicity in kernel/scall64-o32.S in stackargs:
using subu instead of dsubu for jump address calculation... Any more of
these and I will have an overflow exception on anger.

Tomorrow, or somewhere in the next week I'm doing keyboard support.

Stanislaw Skowronek

  "You're not as old as the trees, not as young as the leaves.
   Not as free as the breeze, not as open as the seas."