Re: MIPS status in 2.6

To: Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
Subject: Re: MIPS status in 2.6
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 16:04:17 -0700
Cc: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jun Sun wrote:

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:10:40PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
Anyone know what the status is of MIPS support in 2.6?

32bit has been working pretty well, including preemption, kgdb,
SMP, etc.  IO subsystems have not been thoroughly tested.  Board support
varies.

64bit needs some work.
AMD Alchemy boards:
- serial driver was updated
- ethernet driver works, but seens some minor updates
- kind of a beta version of the 36bit address support was sent to Ralf
- pcmcia driver was rewritten for 2.6, but only for db1x00 right now. The rest of the boards need to be updated.
- usb host needs work
- pci bus seems to work (with the 36bit patch)
- sound driver needs update from OSS to ALSA
- Au1100 FB driver needs to be updated to 2.6
- Epson FB driver too (I won't work on that one)
- usb gadget support is needed

I may be forgetting something. I'm working on it part time.

Pete