Re: Lexra LX5820 documentation

To: Jason Hecker <jhecker@wireless.org.au>
Subject: Re: Lexra LX5820 documentation
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:31:33 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jason Hecker wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any documentation lying around for the Lexra LX5820? Far from being dead it's used in Realtek's RTL8181 802.11b access point SoC.

I am finding it very difficult to come across any details on just how this CPU works (instruction set, MMU, cache etc.) and what differences there are to a regular MIPS core.

Any info would help a lot with this project http://rtl8181.sf.net

I still have a pdf for the 4189 but I'm not sure about the NDA status so I can't give it away. I believe (could be wrong though) that MIPS Tech bought Lexra's assets, so they are probably the ones that have the docs.

Pete