Re: TLB on R10k

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: TLB on R10k
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:37:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> Have you verified that the UX bit is set correctly by your kernel?  BEV
> also plays a role but since you survive BogoMIPS it should be right.

From what I remember, the UX bit is fixed set. I have made the machine
print a '*' (no, I didn't use printk, but since it's my own console
driver I'm pretty sure it can work in interrupts - all it does is
hardware writes) whenever it gets a TLB refill and flushed the TLB before
entering usermode. Guess what, I didn't get a single '*' after ERET. To
verify my method, I've made a single read from the usermode PC from the
kernel, and the '*' appeared. I don't know what's up.

Stanislaw