Linux Mips SGI O2 R5000 IP32 INSTALL

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Linux Mips SGI O2 R5000 IP32 INSTALL
From: Damian Presswell <damian@clown-fish.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:07:24 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
My apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for this question -

I have recently aquired an SGI O2 ip32 R5k box that I am trying to install linux onto -

I have managed to get a binary 64bit kernel to boot vis nfs and bootp() that I downloaded from Glaurungs website:

http://www.linux-mips.org/~glaurung/

however I am unsure as to the correct rootfs that I am suposed to use - I pulled down the redhat 7.1 rootfs from somewhere but it hangs when trying to start the 'local' service - and wont boot if this service is switched off -

I would be grateful if you could suggest where I may download a suitable rootfs and ecoff boot image that will work together on my O2 box - would hate to give in at this stage - and indeed any other help you may be able to give me as a linux mips O2 user - I will put together an updated HOWTO once I am sure exactly what I am supposed to be doing - the information and resources on this subject do seem to be a little vague -

thanks for your time

Damian