relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
From: santosh khare <santosh_khare2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi
When I am trying to insmod iptables.o I am getting this error multiple times.

relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user

I was getting similar errors for printk etc but they disappeared after I changed the CFLAGS  for arch/mips/Makefile and included -mno-abicalls.

Please let me know how can I get rid of this relocation overflow.

Looking at /proc/ksyms I see following.

#cat /proc/ksyms | grep __copy_user
802e0144 __copy_user

Santosh