Re: [RFC] Separate time support for using cpu timer

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Separate time support for using cpu timer
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:39:52 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I must admit I would prefer a separate timer module. For instance, on the
IP30 there is a very convenient HEART timer available, and I don't see a
case for wasting a core-synchronized CPU timer (which proved indispensable
during my reverse engineering of the ARCS PROM, as you can't
breakpoint-debug a PROM) for the purpose of not-necessariliy-synchronized
timing.

Stanislaw Skowronek

--<=>--
  Paranoid: one who is truly in touch with reality.