Re: Framebuffer for au1100

To: Jørg Ulrich Hansen <jh@hansen-telecom.dk>
Subject: Re: Framebuffer for au1100
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:30:21 -0700
Cc: Linux-Mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jørg Ulrich Hansen wrote:

Hi

I was trying to make use of framebuffer for a db1100 board. It looks like
au1100fb.c is not updated to kernel 2.6. It makes use of some structs and
procedures in fbcon that has been removed in 2.6.
Any ideas what is needed to get au1100fb.c to work in 2.6?
Has someone 2.6 to work with frambuffers on au1100?
I think that au1100fb is written for pb1100 that has an epson lcd controller
fitted.
Does that mean that nothing has been done for the internal lcd controller?
No, the internal au1100 fb controller is supported in 2.4. The external epson controller is supported through the LCD chip select. What needs to be done in 2.6 is an update of the au1100fb driver to the new api. Right now what I'm working on part time is syncing up 2.6 with the latest 2.4 updates and getting the basic features functioning, including the 36 bit address support. Then the drivers update will come one at a time. Of course, if someone else has time to help, patches are welcomed :)

Pete