IP30 goes relatively far now

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: IP30 goes relatively far now
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:13:29 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I'm currently doing a reverse-engineered IP30 port of Linux-MIPS.
Currently I'm using 2.6.1 as my base.

I don't know if it's been already fixed in >2.6.1, but in genex.S there
should be a 'nop' between 'jal do_\handler' and 'ret_from_exception'. The
symptom is a hang on 'Checking for the daddi bug...'. Somebody apparently
got used to '.set reorder' :P

Well, now the kernel crashes a bit later. Actually, it gets to 'mice: PS/2
mouse device common for all mice' and then gets an Instruction bus error.
I will look into this.

Currently the kernel supports only MGRAS graphics (SI, SSI, MXI, SE, SSE,
MXE) and uniprocessor. I don't have a SMP machine here, but I guess it
would not be particularly hard to do. The ODYSSEY (VPro) would be a bit
harder, as its architecture is vastly different from the MGRAS. Anyone
interested may send me a VPro6 ;)

When I get to 'cannot mount root', I will release the kernel patch.

Yours,

Stanislaw Skowronek

--<=>--
  Paranoid: one who is truly in touch with reality.