Re: R4400MC

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: R4400MC
From: Ashley Evans <ashley@seamlessrecruitment.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:46:34 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:33:54AM +0100, Ashley Evans wrote:

I'm also new to the list. I'm hoping that the HOWTO hasn't been updated re. the status of the above processor.

I've just aquired a Challenge DM w/ dual R4400mc processors and would really like to run Linux (or anything that's OSS for that matter).

Challenge DM isn't supported and won't be as long as nobody makes an
attempt to support it, sorry ...

 Ralf

Thanks, just thought I'd ask.

I believe it's the cache controller that's the problem? I don't have the skills to do it myself but if somebody could explain the issue i'd like to know?

Ashley