Hello

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Hello
From: Benjamin Collar <collar@onlinehome.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:38:22 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Greetings

I've joined this mailing list because I've started a new project: I want to
port linux 2.6 to the Agenda VR3 PDA.

The Agenda already runs Linux--2.4.0 I think, based on the kernel that was at
linux-vr.org but now appears to be gone.

I'm totally a beginner here, so please bear with me :)

What I'm doing at the moment is, I'm trying to understand where all of the
code has gone! There is a different directory structure in 2.6. If someone
can answer these questions, I'd very much appreciate it:

1. What's the difference between a NEC 4181 and NEC 41xx? In 2.6 there are
subdirectories for each of these, while in the VR kernel all the code was in
arch/mips/41xx. The Agenda is a 4181. Should I be using the 4181 common code
or the 41xx?

2. Where did linux-vr go? Does anyone know where I can get the patches?