Work on IP30

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Work on IP30
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:51:13 +0200 (MET DST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
My Octane got as far as 'Calibrating delay loop... ' now. It works with
ARCS graphical console, which is a Good Thing. Memory identification is
correct. Caches work OK. I'm going to do the IRQs tomorrow, but I foresee
it will be really hard as there is no documentation for the HEART. Well,
we shall experiment.

Fortunately, the Octane has one really nice feature: the power button is
hooked up to an interrupt source. It may prove quite useful for debugging.

Interesting note: the ARCS console breaks when I change KSEG0 cache
coherence in the CP0_CONFIG register (in c-r4k.c). Of course, it breaks
sooner or later, not exactly afterwards, unless I flush cache exactly
after changing; it breaks immediately then. I don't give a hoot, because
IP30 has almost no RAM in KSEG0 and the kernel runs in XKPHYS, always
cached copy-on-write. But those of you with another machines might be
interested.

Stanislaw Skowronek

--<=>--
  Paranoid: one who is truly in touch with reality.