Re: Frequency (cpu speed) control on AU1100

To: Bob Lees <bob@diamond.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Frequency (cpu speed) control on AU1100
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:56:19 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Bob Lees wrote:

> ....I suspect I am
missing something somewhere, but I can't find any references to cpu speed control for the MIPS processors, specically the au1x range.

The Au1xxx has a PLL that multiplies the incoming 12 MHz clock up to the
internal frequency.  Just be aware there are lots of peripheral clocks
and bus clocks derived from this internal frequency.  There is code
in the kernel power management to allow changing the frequency during
operation of Linux, but I don't know how well it works today as I have
not tested that for quite some time.

Thanks.

        -- Dan