Re: Frequency (cpu speed) control on AU1100

To: Bob Lees <bob@diamond.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Frequency (cpu speed) control on AU1100
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:14:51 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Bob Lees wrote:

Hi All

I am working on an AU1100 board (Aurora) from DSP Design and want to control the processor cpu speed, as in CPU_FREQ, type control. I suspect I am missing something somewhere, but I can't find any references to cpu speed control for the MIPS processors, specically the au1x range.

Any clues?
I assume you mean dynamically? Or at boot time only?

There is an Au1x power management implementation that I haven't tested in a while. It allows you to scale the frequency using sysctl, if I remember correctly.

Pete