Re: Best kernel for a Cobalt Qube 2

To: Dominique Quatravaux <>
Subject: Re: Best kernel for a Cobalt Qube 2
From: Peter Horton <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:15:48 +0100
Dominique Quatravaux wrote:

Hello Stéphane, Peter and the list,

I'm replying to an old (Jan 2004) thread where the following messages
were exchanged:

I'm using a Cobalt Qube 2 for a long time now, it's under a 2.4.14 kernel working 24/24 7/7 without any problem (no weird hang, no tulip problems, both internal network cards used).

2.4.23 is running solid here, but it needs a couple of patches (one fixes a cache aliasing bug triggered by IDE in PIO mode, another fixes up Galileo so the network driver works without stalling). I'll mail the patches when I get home.

I'm interested in upgrading my RaQ2 kernel too. Would you be so kind
as to (re)post patches, URLs and success stories to me and/or the
list? (I will post a summary, and I can jot down a quick Web page for
the patches if needed). Thanks!