Re: missing flush_dcache_page call in 2.4 kernel

To: pdh@colonel-panic.org
Subject: Re: missing flush_dcache_page call in 2.4 kernel
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:38:43 +0900 (JST)
Cc: phorton@bitbox.co.uk, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:04:00 +0100, Peter Horton <pdh@colonel-panic.org>
>>>>> said:
pdh> I've ditched the original Cobalt hack in c-r4k.c, and am using
pdh> the patch below instead. Seems to work okay ...

+       for (; addr < (void *) end; addr += PAGE_SIZE)
+               flush_data_cache_page((unsigned long) addr);

dma_cache_wback() will be more efficient ?

Also, I personally think replacing all insb/insw/insl is a bit
overkill.  I'd prefer redefine insb/insw/insl in asm-mips/ide.h, but
I'm not sure it is enough. (really all ins[bwl] should take care of
the cache inconsistency?)

---
Atsushi Nemoto