Re: BUG in pcnet32.c?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: BUG in pcnet32.c?
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:30:38 -0500
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, Brian Murphy <brian@murphy.dk>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

The change goes beyond just cache managment; the API also abstracts away
I/O MMUs which so far are quite rare on MIPS systems - but I really hope
they're going to establish themselves asap.

The Documentation/DMA-API.txt also documents how properly deal with cache
alignment when using this API.

Steven, maybe that we should add another assertion to make sure we don't
run into trouble with missaligned cachelines?

Okay. I will have a look at tomorrow morning.

-Steve