Re: BUG in pcnet32.c?

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: BUG in pcnet32.c?
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:58:59 -0500
Cc: Brian Murphy <brian@murphy.dk>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

The whole network driver cache management paradigm was redone for 2.4,
and I've often wondered whether the same potential problem exists, but never
had the time to go in and check.

There, I've mentioned it.  My conscience is clear.  ;o)

*blush* Okaay, I....I need to clear my conscience too. I knew about this
when posting, but forgot to mention it. Brian, you may find that the + 2
for IP alignment does not work precisely for the reason Kevin mentioned.
You may need to cache align your RX buffer. Again, let us know what you
discover. Okay, now MY conscience is clear.

-Steve