Re: linker script problem

To: Thiemo Seufer <>
Subject: Re: linker script problem
From: Thomas Koeller <>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:55:38 +0100
Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> You haven't told what target you are compiling for. LOADADDR should
> be defined in arch/mips*/Makefile for every subarchitecture.

Thanks for the hint. My target is the PMC-Sierra Yosemite evaluation
board. I found that this board has no entry in arch/mips/Makefile,
which explains why LOADADDR is unset. Can you point me at some useful
information about how to choose a sensible load address? Will the RAM
base address do?

Btw. if I get this right and want to contribute a patch, what are the
rules for doing so? Would I need to provide some legal stuff (copyright
assignment) first?

Thomas Koeller, Software Development
Basler Vision Technologies

thomas dot koeller at baslerweb dot com