clearing interrupt outside handler..?

Subject: clearing interrupt outside handler..?
From: "ashish anand" <>
Date: 26 Mar 2004 13:06:00 -0000

I am restarting a thread discussed november last year regarding
spurious interrupts generation due to edge triggering .
pls. refer ,

somehow this problem is again surfaced.
I am interfacing a peripheral to mips CP0 interrupt controller
through GPIO which converts edge to level .
now my question is that ,

is it always safe to clear the interrupt status outside the interrupt handler
in a driver under some particular path flow ?
I think it is not as it may land-up in a situation where by the time
GPIO detects the edge due to requirement of certain  minimum pulse width
duration , it is already cleared and thus a spurious interrupt generation will

I might be wrong .I am looking for comments on above mentioned situation.

Best Regards,