Re: 2.6 Support for MyCable XXS1500 board?

To: Marcel Beltz <marcel@beltz.info>
Subject: Re: 2.6 Support for MyCable XXS1500 board?
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2004 11:20:17 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 07:11, Marcel Beltz wrote:
> hello,
>
> i am a newbie on this list. i want to run a 2.6 kernel on a xxs1500
> board. is there a working configuration? i run successfully a 2.4.21
> kernel and i don't know how to convert the .config file.

The board has been updated but not tested. Right now I have the Db1500
and Pb1500 booting, but not all drivers are up to date yet. I recently
updated the pcmcia driver but haven't updated all the board files. The
XXS1500 might not boot without some minor work, but it should be pretty
trivial to get it running. There is an alpha 36 bit address support
patch in ftp.linux-mips.org:/pub/linux/mips/people/ppopov/2.6 that you
must apply. The PCI bus on the 1500 and the pcmcia driver worked fine
with it. If you're looking for production quality kernel, the 2.6 Au1x
is not there yet.

Pete