Re: zboot patch and linux_2_4 branch [was Re: Linux Boot Issue in Au1550

To: Tahoma Toelkes <tahoma@nshore.com>
Subject: Re: zboot patch and linux_2_4 branch [was Re: Linux Boot Issue in Au1550]
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:54:11 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Tahoma Toelkes wrote:

... When I try to apply the zboot patch, it rejects the chunk for 'arch/mips/Makefile'. However, upon inspection, I am unable to determine why it isn't happy with the patch. Any suggestions?

The Makefiles have been recently updated and the change is obvious
and trivial.  You can download a new patch from
http://embeddededge.com/downloads/amd-alchemy/zboot-2.4.25.patch
It's just the cost of wanting to play with the latest public
sources, sometimes the patches aren't exactly up to date.

I you don't want to use the CDs provided by AMD with their kits
and wish to continue to use the public sources, there are other
things to download from this directory as well.  The README
file explanins all, please read and follow it.

Thanks.

        -- Dan