gcc 3.2.0 bug causes kernel failure

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: gcc 3.2.0 bug causes kernel failure
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:22:07 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Me and Steven have tracked down a LTP failure in the capget tests to a
bug in gcc 3.2.0.  Reducing optimization to just -O seems to solve the
problem.  To this point we've found the capget LTP problem with 2.4
kernel built with 3.2.0; 2.6.3 built with 2.95.4 seems to be ok.  We've
also only tested 32-bit kernels.  We'de be interested in test results
from other configurations, in particular 2.4 kernels built by later 3.2.x
compiler revisions would be of interest.