Re: Olivetti M700-10s

To: Kevin Sawyer <sawyerk@metroeast.net>
Subject: Re: Olivetti M700-10s
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:23:00 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 01:43:48AM -0600, Kevin Sawyer wrote:

> I have about 50 of these.  They are missing the drives (floppy, hard, CD)
> and RAM but are ready to go otherwise (cables, Jazz364, etc.).  They've been
> moth-balled for a few years but I'm sure they're fine.  I've yet to install
> Linux on any of them but WinNT ran fine on a few for years.  Anyone
> interested?

Well, Linux support for these boxes has suffered from bitrot over the
past few years.  Same for the basically identical MIPS Magnum 4000 and
MIPS Millenium and the fairly similar PICA family.  I don't have my
Acer PICA anymore, so the recent work I did in cleaning up the 2.6
support probably won't boot but anyway, it should be rather close to
working, so not too hard to debug.