Re: IDE driver problem ( clarification )

To: "Liu Hongming (Alan)" <alanliu@trident.com.cn>
Subject: Re: IDE driver problem ( clarification )
From: Thomas Lange <thomas@corelatus.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:01:35 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hmm, maybe I should have waited for my first cup of coffee
before replying ;-)
I work with Compact Flash in IDE mode every day where we
use Mac (Apple) partitioning.
My statement is true for that case ( see attach ).

/Thomas

Thomas Lange wrote:
The partition table is written to the first partition
on the device, in your example hda1.
Use mke2fs on hda2 and I am sure it work just great.

Cheers,
/Thomas

Liu Hongming (Alan) wrote:

Hi All,

I am porting IDE drivers(Since my hardware has endian issue),
and now it could work,however it has some abnormal problems:

I could 'fdisk'  /dev/hda,and partition it into several partitions.
After this,I reboot my board and see all the partitions is there.
Then I 'mke2fs' on /dev/hda1,after this, when using 'fdisk' again,
I found all partitions gone! At this time,I could not access /dev/hda1
any more.However, I could 'mount /dev/hda /opt', it really worked,and
I could create/read/write/erase files in it.

I dumped the first sector of Hard disk and found that it has been
zeroed.Now I dont know what the problem is,since I am not familiar
with fs parts of linux kernel,and I dont know what 'mke2fs' has done.

Any advice?

Alan