RE: r3000 instruction set

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: RE: r3000 instruction set
From: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <juszczec@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:56:30 +0000
Cc: uhler@mips.com, kevink@mips.com, dom@mips.com, echristo@redhat.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hello folks

Thanks for all the information.  Its all been very useful.

Someone suggested posting the message I get.  Here it is:

./kaffe-bin FirstClass
[kaffe-bin:6] Illgal instruction 674696a at 2abb034, ra=2adbffd0, P0_STATUS=0000500
pid 6: killed (signal 4)
Reading command line: Try again
Kernel panic: Attmpted to kill int!

Someone else suggested dumping all the assembler instructions. The listing is really long, so I made a unique list of the commands themselves. If someone can tell me how to use the above error message to figure out the command causing the problem, I'd really appreciate it. If that's impossible, can someone tell me which command listed below does not belong?

/opt/crosstool/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.3/bin/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu-objdump -d kaffe-bin | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u

addiu
addu
beq
beqz
blez
bne
bnez
jalr
jr
lb
lbu
li
lui
lw
move
nop
ori
sb
sll
slt
sltiu
subu
sw

Finally, can someone tell me where I can get a copy of "See MIPS Run"

Thanks again for all the help

Mark

Say ?good-bye? to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/