Re: questions about making a script file for YAMON command

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: questions about making a script file for YAMON command
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:08:21 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 2004-02-12 13:45:25 -0000, Ren, Manling <Manling.Ren@gbr.xerox.com>
wrote in message
<8EAC52A94CD8D411A01000805FBB377606563AE8@gbrwgcms02.wgc.gbr.xerox.com>:
> Dear the technical support team,

No technical support team here, just a number of hackers...

> I am running YAMON on pb1100 board in Linux.  At the YAMON prompt, I need to
> change some registers by using the command "edit -32 0x########"  several
> times.  I wonder if I can put all these "edit" commands into a script file

Personally, I don't know yamon since nobody offered a board using it to
me, but if it uses serial console, just prepare a text file containing
all the lines you need to type. Then, cut'n'paste the commands to
minicom or whatever you use...

MfG, JBG