Re: [ANNOUNCE] "cvs explorer" for linux-mips CVS tree

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] "cvs explorer" for linux-mips CVS tree
From: Johannes Stezenbach <>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:40:08 +0100
Jun Sun wrote:
> I wrote a CVS tracking tool that tracks CVS changes in patch format
> and present them with a web interface.  It is now set up to track
> tree at the following place.  Enjoy.
> BTW, if you use this tool for tracking other trees, please drop me a
> note.  Of course, I also like to have more developers to participate.
> Please join us at

Very good!

I played with cvsps a few times, but didn't dare to use it
on such a large tree like the Linux kernel.

A few nits:
- I would prefer a "latest first" sort order in the patchset listing
- IMHO 'diff -up' would make the patchsets much easier to read
- could you please add a <title> tag for the query page? (For
  easier bookmarking.)

The README from the sources mentions some constraints:

 ". Branching is always a complete branching of the whole tree."

What happens when only a part of a tree is branched?

 ". Commitment only modifies the head of a given branch."

I don't understand this. CVS commits will always change the head
of a branch (or the trunk) only, no?

How would one use xcvs on a repository with many different, but
interdependent CVS modules (e.g. gnome CVS