Indy R4000PC problems

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Indy R4000PC problems
From: Markus Dahms <dahms@fh-brandenburg.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:07:29 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I had problems getting the 2.4 kernel to work on an Indy with
a R4000PC (100MHz) processor (very old PROM, too).
The solution I found yesterday is to change an entry in
arch/mips/kernel/cpu-probe.c from CPU_R4000SC to CPU_R4000PC.
Is there a reason why only the SC version is thought to be
there, or is it believed to be compatible?
Without this change the machine locks up after loading the
kernel, linux hasn't switched to the black background, yet.

I also changed the compiler flags from -m{arch,tune}=r4600 to
*r4000, but this I also tried before without success.

greetings,

        Markus Dahms

--
A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.