Re: loading kernel via EJTAG interface

To: Prashant Viswanathan <vprashant@echelon.com>
Subject: Re: loading kernel via EJTAG interface
From: Shaun Savage <savages@savages.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:15:37 -0800
Cc: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Prashant Viswanathan wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to load a linux kernel through a EJTAG device. I was told that I
should modify the kernel so that it doesnt attempt to use the parameters
passed to it by the loader. However, I am not quite sure as to what it means
and what exactly one has to do. I would really appreciate any
pointers/help/suggestions.

Thanks!
Prashant

Ouch! The best way would be to load a bootloader that knows about bootp and TFTP. Then do a network boot.

If you dont't have a ethernet connection on the board then in /arch/mips/kernel/head.S is where the loader info is read into the kernel.

But I am sure there is a better way.

shaun