Re: R4600 V1.7 errata

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: R4600 V1.7 errata
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:12:02 +0100
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:43:19PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > 2.0 requires different workarounds which are already in place and functional
> > since quite some time.  We still lacking a fix for one important erratum of
> > the 2.0 but it seems pretty stable without.
>  Well, I can actually see two problems: #4 that is fairly easy to handle
> and #7 which is painful and which is unfortunately present with the R4700
> as well.

If #7 would only affect the R4700 the world would peachy ...  To my
knowledge the dusty box here in a corner is the only R4700 that ever ran
Linux ...

Under a different bug number this bug also affects the R4600 V1.x; it's
fixed in post-2.0 R4600 (which all identify as 2.0) and post-1.1 R4700.
Since a workaround may be a bit performance sensitive I think I'll try if
it can be probed for reliably.