Re: linux 2.4 and Indy

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: linux 2.4 and Indy
From: Jorik Jonker <linux-mips@boeventronie.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:49:11 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:12:56PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
[...]
> > Hmm, that's strange, I believe that should do the trick, but when I checkout
> > a tree (cvs -z3 -d:.. co -r linux_2_4 -D 'December 10 2003' linux), I still
> > get a 'half-booting' kernel. Shall I try to checkout an even older one,
> > until
> > something is starting to work, or is something else going wrong?
>
> I have a working 5th December 2003 kernel running on R4600 V2.0, but since
> there were no changes between 5th and 11th December, I'd suspect that yours
> should boot fine, too. Did you check if the files you checked out are really
> not later than 11th December?

I am really sure. The exact command used to checkout my tree was:

# cvs -z3 -d :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs co \
        -D '5 Dec 2003' \
        -r linux_2_4 linux

I am not extremely confident about my CVS skills, but the fine manual tought
me this. I even checked out kernels from June 4th 2003, without success. I am
now trying February 4th 2003.

cheers,
--
Jorik Jonker