Re: linux 2.4 and Indy

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: linux 2.4 and Indy
From: Jorik Jonker <linux-mips@boeventronie.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:59:03 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:40:34AM -0500, Kumba wrote:
> >The problem
> >is that all the kernels I built do boot, but freeze some moments after
> >starting the init process. The only kernels that do not have this problem
> >are 2.4.16 and 2.4.17, but they do not have proper VINO support (they lack
> >the i2c algo-sgi part).
> >Is there some patch flying around to fix this, or do I just have bad luck?
>
> Check out a cvs tree no later than 12/11/2003, a change in CVS after
> that date seems to have nuked r4k kernels.  It is believed the change in
> question is:

Hmm, that's strange, I believe that should do the trick, but when I checkout
a tree (cvs -z3 -d:.. co -r linux_2_4 -D 'December 10 2003' linux), I still
get a 'half-booting' kernel. Shall I try to checkout an even older one, until
something is starting to work, or is something else going wrong?

cheers,
--
Jorik Jonker
http://boeventronie.net/