linux 2.4 and Indy

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: linux 2.4 and Indy
From: Jorik Jonker <linux-mips@boeventronie.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:22:15 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I'm having big trouble getting linux 2.4.* to work on my SGI Indy. I want to
use my indycam, and thus compile a kernel with support for that. The problem
is that all the kernels I built do boot, but freeze some moments after
starting the init process. The only kernels that do not have this problem are
2.4.16 and 2.4.17, but they do not have proper VINO support (they lack the
i2c algo-sgi part).
Is there some patch flying around to fix this, or do I just have bad luck?

/proc/cpuinfo:
system type             : SGI Indy
processor               : 0
cpu model               : R4600 V1.0  FPU V0.0
BogoMIPS                : 99.73
byteorder               : big endian
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes