SoftFloat implementation for MIPS in GCC

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: SoftFloat implementation for MIPS in GCC
From: Rajesh Palani <rpalani2@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:26:36 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

   We are using a gcc 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-99.1) GCC cross-compiler with -msoftfloat to use software floating point routines.

   When we profied an application using the Linux Trace Toolkit, we observed that  there were a lot of CpU (Co-processor unusable) exceptions.  Some of the floating point routines ( eg. __floatdidf) expect values to be passed in floating point registers and take FP exceptions even though the application has been built with -msoftfloat.  Is this a general MIPS/GCC issue?  What is the status of softfloat  for MIPS in GCC?

   Thanks in advance.

   Rajesh

Do you Yahoo!?