Re: linux_2_4 and Malta

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: linux_2_4 and Malta
From: Nathan Field <ndf@ghs.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:52:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> > The prom_print stuff outputs to the serial port fine, but printk's
> > never get out. Looking at the kernel under a debugger it also seems
> > that the kernel is crashing randomly and ending up in an infinite loop
> > branching to self.
>
> What processor are you using on the Malta?
        It's a 4kc. I've now got 2 of them so I can debug them side by
side, one running 2.6 and one running 2.4. Any suggestions on where I
should look for problems? The codebases seem similar in some areas, but
their structure is quite different.

        nathan

--
Nathan Field (ndf@ghs.com)                                All gone.

But the trouble with analogies is that analogies are like goldfish:
sometimes they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.