Re: Linux 2.6 on AMD Alchemy Au1500

To: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6 on AMD Alchemy Au1500
From: Sylvain Munaut <tnt@246tnt.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:15:31 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Dan Malek wrote:

For a new design, we're considering Alchemy Au1500 processor family. I'd like to know what is the current state of the linux 2.6 on this platforms / experiences ?

There are several of us working on it. The kernel is basically functional,
and we are now in the  midst of the 36-bit addressing updates for the
peripherals, such as PCI.  This should be completed soon.

Ok cool.

I mainly need :
- PCI support to connect Wifi, IDE controller, USB2.0 Host, FireWire controller
- Included Ethernet support

If you are looking for product support, you should probably be contacting
people that provide these services :-)  We will eventually get around to
testing all of these devices, but those of us working on this are likely
to have different priorities.

Yes, what I meant is that I needed PCI support and wanted to know if it was OK, the chips I connect on it are supported.

I just forgot to ask if the AC97 stuff was already supported by the ALSA stuff in the kernel ?

Thanks for the info
   Munaut Sylvain